Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Disney MagicBands and Fastpass plus

My family has been selected to use Disney's new MagicBands. Our trip is not until February but being curious I have done my research and here's what I have found.
The magic bands are worn around your wrist and act as your key to the world (for Disney Newbies that's the pass that gets you in and put of the parks). If you have been to disney recently they installed the posts that allow you to just tap your key to the world pass on them instead of swiping the cards. I went last year when they had these and I thought it was the neatest thing but now they have these magic bands and I am very excited to use them! With the bands there is also Fastpass Plus this is a really cool idea. With Fastpass plus you can "reserve" your fast passes on an app on your phone. You choose two(?) per day for one park each. It basically allows you to plan ahead. This is awesome becomes some of the lines at Disney get crazy so now it will be nice to nit have to rush to get a fast pass that might be gone. 
Disney will alert you if your family has been chosen to use them on your vacation. Then you can choose your color (there are a lot of options I chose pink) and customize with your name. They ship them to you before your vacation. Ours came a month early. They are water proof so there is no need to take them off during your vacations and they are actually not that bulky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment